Do you know someone who deserves recognition for their work in community development?
This praiseworthy work could involve could be teaching, research, direct outreach, or professional service. It could be done in a small community, a big city, across a large region. It could be based in the United States, Canada, or anywhere in the world. It could be a one-time activity or short-term project or a long-term effort.
Because if you know of – or have done – something worthy of recognition – the Community Development Society Awards Committee has an award for you. The CDS Awards portal is now open to receive nominations and applications to honor those who have done outstanding work over the past year or over their career.
The Society has a variety of honors to recognize the work and accomplishments of its members and colleagues.
- For educational activities, there are the Outstanding Community Development Educator Award and the Student Recognition Award.
- For research, there are the Current Research Award, and the Ted K. Bradshaw Outstanding Research Award.
- For programmatic activity, there are the Innovative Program Award, and the Outstanding Program Award.
- For professional service, there are the Duane L. Gibson Distinguished Service Award and the Friend of Community Development Award.
- And covering all aspects of community development are the Donald W. Littrell New Professional Award, the Community Development Achievement Award and the International Community Development Award.
To see all of these awards, visit https://cdsociety.org/programs/#programs-awards.
Applications and nominations will be accepted through April 3, 2023. Additional information will be sought from award applicants/nominees during that month (if needed).
Award winners will be announced prior to the 2023 CDS Conference in Portland, Oregon. The awards will be presented during a special dinner event at the conference.
If you have questions about the awards or the application process, please contact Michael Dougherty (Michael.Dougherty@mail.wvu.edu) – the CDS Awards Committee Chair.