Presented to a CDS member in recognition of their excellence in teaching and instruction within the field of Community Development. The person may be recognized for their outstanding contributions within community development education. This person should exemplify the Principles of Good Practice as adopted by the Society and illustrate them in their educational practice within formal and/or non-formal educational settings. Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Must be a current member of CDS
- Nominees exhibit an ability to advance the field of Community Development through effective educational practices.
- Nominees create an effective educational environment by implementing novel teaching methods, which convey knowledge and skills associated with the field of Community Development.
- 2019 Rosalind Harris, University of Kentucky
- 2018 Gary Goreham, North Dakota State University
- 2017 Margaret Stout, West Virginia University