The Community Development Society is pleased to announce that applications are now open for the following Scholarship Funds to be awarded to students or regular members planning to take part in the 2023 CDS Annual Conference to be held July 16-19 in Portland, Oregon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 5, 2023
Nette Nelson Travel Scholarship (one award for up to $1,000)
George Nickolaus CD Graduate Student Award (one award for up to $1,000)
Ted Bradshaw Student Research Award (one award for up to $1,000)
CDS Endowment Scholarship Fund for Students or Regular Members (Up to five $500 awards)
All applications must be submitted using the link associated with the relevant scholarship fund to which they are applying. Please carefully read the requirements associated with a given scholarship fund. For example, the Nette Nelson Travel Scholarship is only available for 2023 conference participants residing outside of the United States. Other scholarships may have certain requirements an applicant must
be met as well.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO STUDENT APPLICANTS: Scholarship awardees are expected to participate in the entire conference. In addition, student applicants must attach the following documents to their scholarship application:
- Evidence that the applicant has a minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average;
- A letter of endorsement from a department faculty member who can verify applicant’s: (1) undergraduate or graduate student status; (2) enrolled and matriculating in a community development or related curriculum at an accredited college or university; and (3) planned involvement in the 2023 CDS Annual Conference;
IMPORTANT NOTE TO REGULAR MEMBER APPLICANTS: The following are important conditions to be considered for the CDS Scholarship Fund Award:
- Applicant must be a regular member of the CDS;
- Applicant plans to have an active role in the Annual Conference (such as a presenter, panel member, or other relevant activity); and,
- Applicant intends to take part in the in the entire Conference.
DEADLINE DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: All applications are due by May 5, 2023. Awardees are expected to be notified by May 17, 2023.