The CDS Conference Scholarship is designed to support participation in the CDS annual conference. It is presented to CDS Members who are either: (1) in good academic standing at accredited universities in programs that focus on community development, or (2) active in community development education or practice. The CDS Conference Scholarship may be received only once.
- The applicant is currently enrolled and matriculating in a community development or related curriculum at an accredited college or university with undergraduate or graduate status;
- The applicant can demonstrate a Grade Point Average of 3.0 minimum;
- The applicant provides evidence of planned involvement in the CDS Annual Conference as supported by:
- A letter of endorsement from a faculty member who can verify the applicant’s status and plans for involvement at the Conference;
- The applicant’s commitment to participate in the entire Conference.
- The applicant’s CDS membership has been verified by the CDS Secretary;
- The applicant has provided a letter outlining his/her planned participation in the Annual Conference; and,
- The applicant makes a formal commitment to participate in the entire Conference.
- 2019 Shonna Hemmis
- 2019 Anita Montgomery
- 2018 DeMetra Bates
- 2018 Kathryn J. Fitzgerald
- 2018 Janna Parke
- 2017 Alan Twelvetrees
- 2016 Renee Reed Miller
- 2016 Oluwatoyin Dare Kolawole